Cloud Agnostic CI/CD Pipeline for DevOps – #4 Building Block 1
Get the insides of CI\CD blueprint on building block 1
To understand the whole process first is crucial to understand the building blocks. Visit my last blog to recap the process steps. We are starting today with a detailed description how we can implement the building block 1.
- Technologie Overview
- AWS Login
- GitHub Login
- Getting to know the Admin Instance
- Application Code Checkout
This is the getting started lab. You will check all your logins and explore the different platforms. You will login to your AWS Instance where you will checkout the sample code that you will be working with for the rest of the blueprint.
1. Go to your AWS console
2. Login to your account. (You need to create/use your own account.)
1. Change the region to “EU (Ireland)”
2. Create EC2 Linux VM (Getting Started)
3. Use Putty to open the connection to the VM
Checkout the Code on your VM
1. Connect to your instance and install git
2. clone the code with git
> git clone https://github.com/admin-cloudlabx-ch/chat-client-html5.git
We have now a valid EC2 instance and the example application is downloaded and installed via Git. Please contact us if you have any questions how to extend this blueprint or integrate a new service. The next blog shows you how to integrate the second building block with Jenkins. Please Contact us for further interest of the solution.