5 reasons to follow data centre & cloud at Cisco Live 2018
Cisco Live 2018 kicks off next week in Barcelona (29 Jan – 2 Feb, Fira Gran). Given we’ve just announced HyperFlex v3.0, there’s no surprise what tops our list of recommendations for what to see and do when you’re there.
With over 2,100 users and growth forecast to double this year, HyperFlex is the real deal when it comes to Hyperconverged. If you’d like to know more on what makes it so unique, download our new eBook or check out the infographic.
What’s nou with 3.0
Crucially, HyperFlex 3.0 is much more than a software release. It comes with innovations all the way up the stack that recognise the multi cloud reality:
- Support for new hypervisors (Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Stretch clustering for higher availability
- Container support (persistent storage for Kubernetes managed containers)
- Greater node scale (now scales to 64 nodes)
All of the above give you the cloud-like performance, efficiency and agility your business needs in the world of hybrid IT. Register for the Techwise TV broadcast on Feb 28 if you want a deeper dive.
3.0 forms part of the Cisco Intent Based Data Centre. It ensures you have the right on-premise foundation to operate multi cloud.
When you want to add multiple cloud services and things like container services, HyperFlex provides you with adaptable capabilities at the infrastructure level – from edge to lightweight virtual machines (VMs) and virtual server/desktop infrastructure (VSI/VDI) hybrids, through the addition of compute nodes and all flash storage for mission critical apps (Oracle, SQL, SAP, Microsoft Exchange, Splunk), to 40Gb networking for higher performance workloads.
On top of that, you have a whole suite of performance monitoring and optimisation tools available, including AppDynamics and Cisco Workload Optimization Manager (CWOM – or ‘Turbo’ as some like to call it).
Already, there’s the HyperFlex bundle with CloudCenter. This lets you move workloads between multi cloud environments seamlessly, apply placement economics with an accurate view of the costs involved – not to mention preventing LoBs running bad code or building silos of OS stacks (more on that from Captain Cloud – see below).
We’re expecting well over 300 Cisco Data Centre & Cloud customers from the UK and Ireland to join us in Barcelona. Please do take the time to come and meet with us on our booth!
If you can’t be there fear not, myself and the DC team will be live streaming via @CiscoDC and Periscope to keep you in the know with reaction to all the major headlines.
To help you limber up, here’s our top 5 recommendations if you want to be where the action’s at:
- The next Cisco HyperFlex release goes multi cloud ready (Wed, 31 Jan, 13:15-14:15) – hosted by Mr HyperFlex himself, Darren Williams, who’ll tell you all you need to know about the new features and innovations coming with 3.0; he’s also joined by a panel of users who’ll share how they’ve simplified IT, adapt quickly to change, and use HyperFlex for diverse mission critical workloads
- Delivering Intent for Data Center Networking (Tuesday, 30 Jan, 16:20-17:05) – Learn how to use insight to take action in your data centre, on premises or in the cloud, using the powerful combination of Nexus Cloud Scale Switches, ACI, CloudCenter and Tetration Analytics
- World of Solutions – SDN/ACI, Tetration Analytics, UCS, and Cloud take centre stage in the Data Centre category, with multiple demos around ACI and Tetration; while the Cisco App Center demo pod will be showcasing apps developed by our partners and community in areas such as monitoring, troubleshooting, and security
- Opening Keynote Pre-Show and Welcome (Tuesday, 30 January, 9:30-10:45) – there’s some super exciting announcements being made, but be sure to visit the Data Centre demo booth after to learn more on the detail
- Guest Keynote (Thursday, 1 Feb, 16:45-18:15) – Hear from rock legend Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden, entrepreneur, innovator and business angel
If you do just one thing each day…
With more than 700 breakout sessions from industry recognised experts, it can be hard to choose the best sessions for you. So, here’s more data centre and cloud highlights to mark in your diary:
- Monday 08:45-18:45 (29 Jan): Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) – The Intent Based Data Center – legends of the ACI domain present a day-long session (it’s technical, so you’ll need some basic knowledge of ACI) covering the architectural details of the network fabric and switches, fabric controller, network forwarding and security capabilities, as well as design best practices and operational details for multiple data centre locations
- Tuesday 12:20-13:00 (30 Jan): Unlock the Power of Data – Join leaders from the data centre business and AppDynamics as they discuss the future of analytics and data
- Wednesday 16:30-18:00 (31 Jan): Winning Strategies for your Multi-Cloud Journey – explore how the Cisco & Azure Stack hybrid cloud solution addresses the needs of developers, IT and of course, your business applications
- Thursday 13:15-14:15 (1 Feb): UX and Cloud – From Hosting to Building – delivered by the one and only @CaptainCloud_UK and his trusty sidekick, Kloud Boy, this session is a ‘must see’ for those looking to reap the benefits of cloud native development, application modernisation and cloud applications while maintaining enterprise governance and principles
Last but not least, our Welcome Reception on the Monday and Customer Appreciation Event on Thursday evening are the highlights of the week’s social calendar.
Visit the sessions catalogue for more.
We look forward to seeing you on our booth and in the words of a certain DJ: Check it out now…Tags: