New Aironet 1530 Series AccessPoints
|We’re happy to announce orderability of the new Cisco Aironet 1530 Series AccessPoints with integrated Antennas.For more information about this product, please see the following link or further down in this post:
Cisco Aironet 1530 Series Outdoor Access Points incorporate a low-profile design that looks great, yet can withstand the most rugged outdoor conditions.
Features and Capabilities
Unique Cisco Flexible Antenna Port technology is a Cisco engineering innovation. It allows the same antenna ports to be used either for dual-band antennas to reduce footprint, or for single-band antennas to optimize radio coverage.
The Cisco Aironet 1530 Series brings the same robust Wi-Fi features that customers expect from Cisco. These including radio resource management, BandSelect to automatically take advantage of the 5 GHz band, and VideoStream for high-quality video performance over Wi-Fi. Other features include:
- Cisco Flexible Antenna Port technology, which is software configurable for either single-band or dual-band antennas
- Internal or external antenna versions, with full lines of supported omni and directional antennas
- Multiple operational modes, including access point, mesh, point-to-point, point-to-multipoint bridge, and workgroup bridge (WGB)
Specifications at a Glance
- Integrated antenna version:
- 802.11b/g/n with 3×3:3 MIMO technology and three spatial streams (2.4 GHz)
- 802.11a/n 2×3:2 MIMO with two spatial streams (5 GHz)
- External antenna version:
- 802.11b/g/n with 2×2:2 MIMO technology and two spatial streams (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- 802.11a/n with 2×2:2 MIMO technology with two spatial steams (5 GHz)
Details about the partial orderability
Orderability has been enabled for the model with integrated Antennas – First Customer Shipment (FCS) is being expected for November 2013.
The model with external Antennas is expected to become orderable in December 2013 and being shipped in January 2014.
To operate the Aironet 1530 Series AccessPoints with WLAN-Controllers a new Software-Releases (7.6) is required and will be available at shipment of the product.
At that time a new IOS will be available too to operate the AccessPoint in autonomous mode.