New Year tech resolutions Q&A – Nick Chrissos
To kick off 2016 I’ve caught up with folks around Cisco here in the UK and Ireland, to find out what they learned from last year and to see what their ‘tech resolutions’ are for 2016.
Next up is Nick Chrissos, Cisco Head of Innovation Technology in UK and Ireland, which includes our CREATE laboratory in London….
- If you could sum up your 2015 in one sentence, what would it be?
2015 was full of new challenges, but at the same time it was the most exciting year for me in Cisco yet.
- What are your tech resolutions for 2016 (and why?)
Being more open to alternative, more agile, project management processes. We need to move faster, using technology in projects that isn’t available yet, and there is no way to do this through traditional methods.
- What would be your tech dream for 2016 (and why?)
I would love to see autonomous vehicles on real streets. There are culture and regulation barriers delaying this technology, but I think this is the year to overcome them.
- What was the most valuable thing you learned from technology in 2015?
We are entering a new era in technology. Some people call it the new internet, at Cisco we call it the Internet of Everything. 2015 was the first year that smart cities, smart lighting, smart parking, and many other smart applications went from dreams to actual customer requirements.
- What do you think has been your most successful resolution over the years?
Creating technology and solutions that deliver real value to people not gadgets.
- …and your most unsuccessful?
Trying to make it perfect. Every time I finish a project I am sure I can do it better again.
- What piece of advice or inspiration will you choose to keep in mind when going into 2016?
It’s a quote from Abraham Lincoln that has stuck in my mind the last couple of months: “The only way to predict the future is to CREATE it.”Tags: