|We are pleased to announce, that we have enabled early orderability for limited quantities of the new Cisco Aironet 3700 Series AccessPoint.More information about this AccessPoint can be found at the following link or further down in this post:
The Cisco Aironet 3700 Series Access Point is designed for high-density network environments that utilize mission-critical, high-performance applications.
Features and Capabilities
The Aironet 3700 Series delivers:
- The industry's first access point with integrated 802.11ac Wave 1 radio to support a 4x4 MIMO with three spatial streams
- Cisco CleanAir Technology with enhanced 80 MHz channel support
- Updated Cisco ClientLink 3.0 to boost performance for all clients, including 802.11ac
- Dual Band 2.4/5 GHz integrated radios to address the growing needs of BYOD and bandwidth demands
- A modular design that supports Cisco Wireless Security and Spectrum Intelligence, Cisco 3G Small Cells, or future 802.11ac Wave 2
Specifications at a Glance
Certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance, Aironet 3700 Series Access Points are offered in two versions:
- The 3700i model has integrated antennas for typical office deployments
- The 3700e model requires external dual-band antennas and is for RF-challenging indoor environments
Details on the early orderability
Early or limited Orderability has been enabled for this product, but all orders will go to New-Product-Hold (NPH).
Orders will be released from NPH by Product Management, if
- Ship sets of no more than 250 units
- Set the Partial Ship Flag ON
First Customer Shipment (FCS) is expected to happen in December 2013.
This product will require new SW-Versions on WLAN-Controllers (SW-Release 7.6), which will become availabe at the time of product-shippment.
For Site-Surveys only, there will also be an autonomous IOS available at the same time.